Sometimes you need more storage solutions for sentimental items like souvenirs or heirlooms that you want to keep but there just isn’t enough room in the house. Starting at just $40 per month, self storage units with Permian Self Storage are the perfect solution to declutter your home. Keep reading to discover Permian’s staff tips for safely storing sentimental items!
1. Sort your sentimental items
– First things first, get all your items out and sort them into what you want to keep on display in the home, what you want to donate or throw out, and what you want to place into storage.
2. Keep your favourites on display at home, without the clutter
– Once you have decided on your favourite items, find a clutter-free way to put them on show around the home. Fragile items can be put in a display case. Or why not make a scrapbook or wall art of all your tickets and photos from around the world? That way visitors will easily be able to see what means most to you.
3. Pack away everything else safely, and with easy access
– There’s nothing worse than opening your storage unit to find a particular item and you have no idea where to start. To help combat this, store bulkier items in clear plastic boxes so you can easily see the contents at a glance. The lids snap tight to prevent them falling out if they fall over and stack on top of each other for easy storage. For fragile items, wrap them in bubble wrap which you can buy at Permian Self Storage. We would also recommend packing fragile clothing in vacuum-sealed bags.
4. Allow yourself plenty of time
– Sorting through sentimental items can be emotionally taxing if you are an empty nester or are sorting through a loved one’s old belongings. Having everything sorted into boxes labelled ‘rubbish’, ‘to store’, ‘to display’ as well as an ‘unsure’ box can take the pressure off deciding whether to keep or throw out. If you go through the ‘unsure’ box and display or throw out one more thing, it is a win.
5. Move into a storage unit at Permian Self Storage
– If you’re not quite ready to throw out anything just yet, or still don’t have enough space in the home after clearing, storage is the perfect solution for you. Once you have everything boxed up and ready to go, simply contact the friendly staff at Permian Self Storage and they will advise what size unit you will need. With units ranging from 1m3 to 55m3 (subject to availability), please don’t hesitate to contact us to find the perfect one for your needs.
We look forward to hearing from you!